Tottenham Hotspur have informed midfielder Pape Matar Sarr that he is free to leave this summer, sparking an angry response from the Senegal international.
Journalist Sacha Tavolieri reports that Tottenham informed the 23-year-old that he is on the transfer market this summer.
He states that this invitation to leave the club did not go down well with the player. He responded to the message by deleting all of his posts related to the club from social media. Talks with Turkish side Galatasaray are now continuing.
€25m demand from Spurs
Sport Witness have covered reports about Galatasaray’s growing interest in the Tottenham midfielder throughout this week.
A report earlier in the week explained that Tottenham had rejected Galatasaray’s first bid for Sarr. That was believed to be valued at around €18m. Spurs are reportedly looking for €25m to sanction the sale.
A second report on Friday then explained that Galatasaray were pushing to sign the Tottenham midfielder before the end of the window. He is reportedly at the top of their transfer wish list.
Galatasaray sale needed
But journalist Yağız Sabuncuoğlu explained that Galatasaray first needed to move a player on before they could move.
“Pape Matar Sarr. If there’s a departure there, they’re in talks with Tottenham’s player regarding a potential separation at the moment,” he said.
“The player is also very keen to join Galatasaray, by the way. But as I said, a departure is needed; we need Pape Sar. That’s why let’s say he’s at the top of the list: Pape Matar Sarr.
“Just like Ermedin Demirović is currently at the top of the striker list, Pape is at the very top of the midfield list.”
Meanwhile, Sabah report today that Galatasaray have seen a second bid worth €20m rejected by Tottenham. The newspaper reiterates that Tottenham are looking for Tottenham are looking for €25m to sell Pape Matar Sarr this summer.
The two sides are getting closer, though. And with Tottenham seemingly pushing Sarr out, an agreement surely isn’t that far away from being reached.
⚪️ 🇸🇳 Tottenham Hotspur have informed Pape Matar Sarr that he is on the transfer market.
🔚 An invitation to leave the club that did not go down well with the Senegalese midfielder, which is why he deleted all his posts related to the club from social media.
🔴🟡 Talks with… pic.twitter.com/rgF1zcYyse
— Sacha Tavolieri (@sachatavolieri) August 22, 2026






















