Liverpool are making concrete advances in their efforts to sign Brighton & Hove Albion‘s Yankuba Minteh this summer.
Earlier this week, the winger’s entourage said claims of the Reds tabling £50m [€58.4m] bid was old news. Brighton have already turned it down.
On Saturday, Sport Witness relayed news of Liverpool returning with an improved offer, and Brighton have again rejected it.
The expectation was for the Premier League side to return with an improved offer as the two clubs are optimistic of finding an agreement.
New Liverpool offer will be key

Journalist Foday Manneh, who covered these reports, now shares fresh update via Footy-Africa.
The title says: ‘Liverpool talks for Yankuba Minteh advance as £70m+ deal moves closer’.
Andoni Iraola’s side have seen Brighton & Hove Albion reject two bids of £50m [€58.4m] and £60m [€70m] in the last 48 hours.
Brighton have set a valuation slightly higher than £70m [€81.7m] price. Despite the two rejections from the Seagulls, all parties are optimistic about the 22-year-old ending up at Anfield.
Liverpool’s negotiations with Fabian Hürzeler’s side for Yankuba Minteh are progressing well. The next 24 hours could be crucial as the Merseyside club ‘look to close the gap’ with Brighton.
Agent receives external help
Bakary Bojang represents the Gambia international and is working on this operation. The agent has partnered with UK agency CAA Stellar to ‘facilitate the potential blockbuster move’.
The player is waiting for the clubs to make progress in the negotiations. His immediate focus is for Liverpool and Brighton & Hove Albion to reach an agreement and then discuss personal terms.
Liverpool finding an agreement with Yankuba Minteh won’t be an issue, which indicates he’s keen on joining them.
The title says ‘deal moves closer’ and within the report, there’s a talk of optimism of the Reds’ total agreement. However, this will only be possible when Andoni Iraola’s side make a new bid of slightly over €81.7m.
Key transfer points
- Liverpool have shown serious interest in the Gambian
- PL side have seen Brighton reject 2 bids of £50m and £60m
- Iraola’s side confident of completing signing
- Minteh’s personal terms won’t be an issue






















