When covering a story about Everton Cebolinha today, we’ve mentioned that there had been no updates on his situation over the weekend.
It looks like Everton are still to make their official bid for the player, and now Globo Esporte comes up with the reason why the talks haven’t advanced.
The website says the Toffees are having problems with the Financial Fair Play. It’s said they’ve reported a big loss, and now can’t spend a lot on signings, especially because they’re about to construct a new stadium.
That last part would suggest Globo aren’t fully aware that the stadium wouldn’t impact upon FFP.
The fact that the transfer window is closing on Friday is also said to be an issue, and in case Everton don’t get the player now, they shall try again in the summer.
Globo Esporte says Everton are willing to spend up to €30m on the signing, and the negotiations have been handled by agent Giuliano Bertolucci. He’s the same person who worked on the deals for Richarlison and Bernard.