Alexis Mac Allister’s transfer from Argentinos Juniors to Brighton & Hove Albion is called a ‘soap opera with a happy ending’ today.

In a story from Argentine newspaper Olé, it’s claimed that the South American club ended up making a great deal from the player’s departure.

The main reason for that is because Mac Allister is expected to stay at Argentinos Juniors until the end of the season after some ‘pressing’ from the club during the negotiations.

It had been initially reported that Mac Allister would have to wait before joining Brighton due to the lack of an EU passport, but this reason isn’t even mentioned in Olé’s report today.

Embed from Getty Images

Olé says that Brighton are paying US$9m for 90% of Mac Allister’s economic rights, which probably means the other 10% belongs to someone else. FA rules demand English clubs to acquire 100% of players so the Seagulls are probably spending another US$1m to get that part.

It’s also claimed that Argentinos Juniors will have 5% from the profit of a future transfer.

Now Mac Allister is called an ‘unexpected reinforcement’ for the Argentine side, who can use his services until April.