Frankly, we don’t see enough puns when it comes to Wolves and transfers, so L’Equipe get a bonus point today.
The French newspaper claims Nuno Espirito Santo’s club have their ‘fangs’ out, ready to pounce and sign, or perhaps maul to death, Benoît Badiashile.
Someone is clearly pushing interest in the 18 year old AS Monaco defender. The situation around him has been relatively quiet, and then yesterday France Football reported Tottenham are ‘taking an interest’ in the player.
L’Equipe don’t just mention Wolves, Manchester United are also included in the article.
It’s claimed Monaco have ‘indirectly learned’ the Red Devils ‘could also position themselves’ on the player, and their neighbours City were interested before he signed a pro contract with the French principality club.
Manchester United were previously linked in January, with it being claimed they’d made an offer the summer before.
Back to Wolves.
Monaco chief Oleg Petrov is said to have recently found out Wolves were ‘willing to make an offer’. Jorge Mendes is, of course, said to be involved, and the interest is ‘not a bluff’.
Wolves are thought to believe they have a 50/50 chance of making the signing, which L’Equipe estimate would be a deal around €40m.
It’s worth noting that on Monday, France Football, when pushing Tottenham interest, said the player’s intention is to remain where he is. He has a contract until June 2021, so perhaps this is all for negotiating purposes.
Whether it is or isn’t should quickly become clear.
Important: L’Equipe DO NOT say Wolves have made a €40m offer or that they going to, despite that being claimed elsewhere. This is exactly what the French newspaper reports around the €40m figure: ‘The amount of the potential bid that AS Monaco management has been informed of has not filtered out, but considering the market for such young people, it can be estimated at around €40m.’