The Everton/Sandro saga has only gone on for about a week and a bit, and it already feels like a handful of months.
In the space of 24 hours, we’ve had good news and great news from the Spanish media for the Goodison Park faithful, and now we’re back to not so good news.
The last update was on Thursday morning when Marca explained Everton had ‘put an offer on the table’ for the Malaga forward, who, at this stage, was thought to have said ‘no’ to Sevilla after reports from Radio Marca Malaga emerged.
That, however, isn’t exactly the case, at least according to Malaga Hoy.
The local newspaper explain that while Sandro isn’t entirely happy with what Sevilla have put forward so far, and that their project (with the departure of Sampaoli) is up in the air, he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of joining the La Liga side next season.
What Sandro wants first and foremost is a deal that makes everyone happy, including Malaga, who are forced to sell him if someone meets his €6m release clause.
The problem here is his agent, who has been pre-agreeing personal terms with nearly every club interested, including Ronald Koeman’s Everton, making life difficult for his client.
Sandro is said to be ‘getting tired’ of his agent’s behaviour, and everyone else involved, including Malaga, would like to know sooner rather than later where he will be going.
Malaga Hoy explain that Atlético Madrid’s interest is the one attracting Sandro the most, yet their current summer transfer ban is making things very difficult.
Everton are still in the race, but if Diego Simeone’s side is suddenly allowed to register new players for next season, it could all be over very quickly.