Tottenham are interested in Getafe’s Marc Cucurella and are willing to pay the €25m release clause to sign him.
That’s according to Cadena Cope, who claim that José Mourinho’s side are one of several ready to sign the 21-year-old.
Cucurella is currently on loan at Getafe from Barcelona and has had a solid campaign, with five assists and one goal in 25 games this season.
Getafe are now ready to turn his move into a permanent one, paying €16m for 60% of his rights, with Barcelona keeping the other 40%.
Ayer en @tjcope y ahora en @deportescope:A todos los efectos, Cucurella es jugador del Getafe. Su cláusula ronda los 25mill, el 40% es para Barça. Equipos ya preparados a pagar su cláusula: Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach, Tottenham y Arsenal. En España gusta mucho a Sevilla y Atleti
— Gemma Santos (@GemmitaSantos) February 24, 2020
However, the deal includes a €25m release clause and Cope claim that Tottenham, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Atlético Madrid and Sevilla are all willing to pay it.
It’s not the first time that Tottenham have been linked either, with numerous reports claiming they were interested as early as 2017.
That may partly be fueling these latest rumours too, although there is no denying that Cucurella would tick many of the boxes for them.
Not only do Spurs need a left-back, Mourinho also loves a versatile player and the 21-year-old, who can play anywhere down the left, could make for a smart purchase in that regard.