Arsenal are interested in Marc Cucurella and are willing to pay the €25m release clause to sign him.
The Barcelona graduate, who can play at left-back and left-wing, is currently on loan at Getafe, where he has impressed, bagging five assists and one goal in 25 games this season.
They have an option to buy 60% of the player for €16m, with Barça keeping the other 40%, and that is a price they are willing to pay, according to Cadena Cope.
They report that Cucurella is a Getafe player for ‘all intents and purposes’ and his move will include a €25m release clause.
Ayer en @tjcope y ahora en @deportescope:A todos los efectos, Cucurella es jugador del Getafe. Su cláusula ronda los 25mill, el 40% es para Barça. Equipos ya preparados a pagar su cláusula: Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach, Tottenham y Arsenal. En España gusta mucho a Sevilla y Atleti
— Gemma Santos (@GemmitaSantos) February 24, 2020
And that could happen with Arsenal, Tottenham, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Atlético Madrid and Sevilla all named as suitors for the 21-year-old.
The link to Arsenal, in particular, is an interesting one now that Mikel Arteta is in charge at the club.
Back in 2017, Cucurella was linked with a move to the Premier League and Manchester City were said to have made an offer to take him to the Etihad.
Arteta was, of course, part of Pep Guardiola’s coaching staff at that time and there’s every chance that his interest in the player has gone with him to London.