Moise Kean arrived at Everton from Juventus before the start of the season and has struggled so far. The striker is yet to open his goalscoring account, having played 11 matches in all competitions.
Various reports coming out of Italy have discussed the forward returning to Serie A in January.
AS Roma are credited with an interest in the 19-year-old and are believed to be the frontrunner chasing the Toffees attacker.
Rai Sport caught up with the former Juve man and asked him about growing speculation he will leave Goodison Park in the winter market.
“Going back to Italy in January? I don’t know, I just think about playing and giving my best on the field,” he said, as relayed by Calciomercato.
Italy U21 boss Paolo Nicolato said Kean was “perfect” in training and he returned his coach’s faith by scoring a brace against Armenia U21 on Tuesday.
On Italy U21 coach, Kean said: “Nicolato? I’m happy with his compliments. he’s a coach who works a lot. We are a great team, but we must continue to work to overcome a good group with high quality teams.”
Kean also stressed there’s only one way to answer his critics.
“The criticisms? I answered on the field. There are no other methods. We have proven to be superior, playing excellent football,” Kean stressed.