Yáser Asprilla is ‘waiting for a decision’ from Watford regarding where he will play for the remainder of this year.

That’s according to Noticias RCN, who cover the youngster today after he completed his move to Vicarage Road earlier this week.

They explain that after Asprilla was confirmed as a Watford player on Monday after they paid $3.5m for 80% of the player, with current club Envigado keeping the other 20%, a decision now needs to be made about his immediate future.

Asprilla was not eligible for a work permit, but after he was officially called up by Colombia earlier this week for the games against Peru and Argentina, that has changed.

He now has the points to qualify and so would ‘be able to play’ for Watford this season should they wish that to be the case.

That was reported yesterday, with it stated that Asprilla would prefer to stay where he is for the remainder of this season at least.

RCN, however, say there are ‘many doubts’ about whether that will happen as Watford could have other plans.

According to them, Watford may be considering sending Asprilla on loan to a club playing in the Copa Libertadores as that would help him to ‘gain experience’ and more points for a work permit.

That may no longer be an issue after his international call up, but the idea of him getting experience at a higher level could still be an idea.