Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho has denied speaking to Barcelona regarding a move to the Spanish club.

The player talked to ESPN Brasil after Liverpool’s win over West Ham on Sunday, and when asked by reporter João Castelo Branco about the negotiations, claimed he’s not aware of it.

“Barcelona are one of the best teams in the world. But so far, nothing got to me,” Coutinho told ESPN Brasil. “Even because if something arrives, it goes to my agent.”

“What I have to do is to focus on the pitch. I have a contract with Liverpool. There are two games left, there are big chances we’re in the Champions League next season, so what I have to do is to focus on my football and let these things be sorted by my agent.”

Asked how would he react if a bid arrives, Coutinho still tried not to talk directly about it.

“I get happy. Every time good things are said about me, I get very happy. To know that a big club has interest is nice for the acknowledgment of your work. What I have to do is to keep working hard, Liverpool are a big club, we have to bring Liverpool back in the Champions League, because it’s where it has to be.”

So, naturally, he was also questioned if a Champions League spot would affect the decision to stay at the club or not. “We always want to play the Champions League. Every player wants to play the best leagues. We’re very close to achieving our objective.

“So with God’s will everything will go right and next season we’ll be in the Champions League.”

In a big story earlier this month, Catalan newspaper Sport claimed Barcelona are confident Coutinho himself would help any transfer, which means pressuring Liverpool to lower his price. But considering Jurgen Klopp’s and the player’s recent quotes, it’s hard to believe he’ll go the full route of refusing to play.