Manchester United’s reported interest in Mauro Arambarri first surfaced in Uruguay and it was then backed up by the Spanish press.
On May 13th, Traspasos reported the Red Devils consider the Getafe player as a ‘perfect’ and ‘cheap’ option for next season.
A day later, AS explained the representatives of the Premier League side have let the midfielder’s agent know first hand about their interest in the player.
A source told Sport Wtiness on May 15th that there has been no contact from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side to sign the 25-year-old.
Over the past two weeks, there hasn’t been any substantial claim linking the Uruguay international with a move to Old Trafford, until AS came up with a report on Sunday.
It’s claimed Sevilla are interested in acquiring the South American’s services, ‘despite the fact’ he ‘already has proposals’ from Atlético Madrid and Manchester United.
AS’ latest report focuses on Sevilla’s interest and then plug in what was said about Manchester United a few weeks ago.
The newspaper doesn’t provide any substantial information and relay what they reported in mid-May.
They only add the English club are Sevilla’s ‘competitors’ in signing Arambarri, and this is based on what was reported last month.
Given what we were able to report earlier, it’s unlikely there’s much in this one.