Manchester United have not made contact with Getafe midfielder Mauro Arambarri’s camp, a source has told Sport Witness.
Claims about the Red Devils’ surprising interest in the Uruguay international first emerged from his home country.
Earlier this week, Traspasos reported the English club’s board consider the 25-yer-old ‘perfect’ for their midfield and Arambarri’s signing was viewed as a ‘cheap and good’ deal.
On Friday, AS explained officials of the Premier League side contacted Arambarri’s camp to let them know first-hand about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side wanting to sign the player.
It was also stated a deal could be done for around €20m, even though there’s a €25m release clause in his contract that runs down in 2023.
However, a source close to the South American has told Sport Witness there has been ‘no contact’ from Manchester United, either to ask information about the former Bordeaux man or to make an attempt to secure his services in the summer.
Arambarri has three goals to his name in 34 league matches this season for Getafe.