Flamengo do not confirm having received a bid from Everton for their wonderkid Reinier. Club president Marcos Braz has gave a press conference about several subjects on Friday, and when asked about the 17-year-old, he says there’s nothing official for the youngster.
“There’s no proposal from Everton,” said Marcos Braz (via Globo Esporte). “Offers we analyse when it’s on paper, on document. He seems to be on the radar of big clubs in Europe, but to being on paper is a huge difference.”
According to a report from Globo Esporte this week, Braz was one of the officials who went to England and received Everton’s ‘signalling’ of a coming bid.
Braz’s trip to Europe is very public, since he had been negotiating some signings, such as Felipe Luis’ transfer from Atletico Madrid.
Globo Esporte claimed that Everton’s intention is to pay up to €40m for Reinier, including performance bonuses.
Despite regularly featuring for Brazil’s youth ranks, the midfielder is still to play a single match for Flamengo. With their squad full of stars, there hasn’t been a lot of room for youngsters.
But it doesn’t mean he would have to leave the club without making his debut. Reinier is still 17, and is only able to move to Europe in January 2020. That means there would be some time for Flamengo to use him, especially if they can get to a deal for him to move only next summer.