Since the Bruno Fernandes saga restarted this month, it was TVI24 who would often come up with evening updates on the situation.
We’ve been watching their Mais Transferências show since then, and more recently, things are getting to a point where they don’t feel very confident about a January deal.
In fact, they’re pretty miserable about the whole thing.
Today’s show started with journalist Nuno Dias saying the move seems off for now, since Manchester United refuse to increase their bid of €50m for the midfielder, with Jorge Mendes having ‘stopped’ negotiating at the weekend.
He says the possibility of a January move is ‘more complicated’, and soon people will get to know why his departure hasn’t happened.
Just like on Monday, there’s suggestions of some big conspiracy at Sporting, but they don’t want to tell everyone about that yet.
It’s said that in case Sporting lose the cup semifinal to Braga tonight, then Bruno Fernandes could try a departure before the end of the month. But still, he wouldn’t say that tonight’s game is the midfielder’s last one for the club.
Journalist Rui Pedro Braz is another one who seems quite skeptical about a move.
He says football is full of ‘injustices’ and ‘unpredictable things’.
Braz claims that according to his information, there are ‘many reservations’ about the chances of a move. Manchester United could still increase their bid, or another club could show up before the end of January.
It’s insisted Sporting are not giving up on their demand for €65m.
After that huge dose of misery, it’s worth remembering today’s Portuguese newspapers were much more positive, you can read our round-up of that below.
Bruno Fernandes | Clubs move ‘closer’ – Positive Tuesday latest from Portugal on Manchester United transfer.#MUFC and Sporting now willing to compromise, will depend on bonuses. Meetings yesterday.
€5m clause dismissed by Record. https://t.co/gJ9ccjzpHp
— Sport Witness (@Sport_Witness) January 21, 2020