Last weekend, we covered claims from the Brazilian press explaining that Fluminense’s Nino is expected to move to Nottingham Forest in the winter market.

Fluminense sporting director Paulo Angioni has also revealed the 26-year-old could leave the club next month.

Globo Esporte now state Nottingham Forest have ‘signalled’ to the Brazilian club that they ‘will pay’ the fee needed to sign the defender.

It’s claimed Steve Cooper’s side will invest €7m, out of which Fluminense will receive 60% and the remaining 40% will go to the centre-back’s former club, Criciúma.

On Wednesday, they suffered a loss at the hands of Grêmio in the last home game of the league. It’s claimed the Brazilian ‘said goodbye’ to Fluminense fans at the Maracanã and this indicates his exit is on the cards.

The South American club have qualified for the FIFA Club World Cup and could potentially play two more matches this year.

Fluminense president Mário Bittencourt has revealed Nino will be part of the squad for the FIFA World Cup, meaning he would only join Nottingham Forest after the tournament.

Nino has scored five goals and registered two assists from 55 games this year.