Newcastle United and West Ham United seem to be moving forward in their chase for Monaco defender Benoit Badiashile.
According to an update brought by Foot Mercato journalist Santi Aouna, the Magpies and Hammers have now ‘made an approach’ for the 20-year-old.
It’s said the Premier League sides both contacted Monaco and his entourage, and now ‘could make an offer’ for his signing.
It still isn’t said how much Newcastle and West Ham are willing to spend on the transfer, or if one club would have any advantage on the other.
The Magpie’ and Hammers chase for Badiashile had already been reported by the same source on Friday, when it was claimed the clubs were ‘both interested’ in him.
At that stage, it was claimed West Ham ‘should’ make an offer, while Newcastle were still waiting for the outcomes in their pursuits of Sven Botman and Diego Carlos.
Now with those new claims, it looks like the clubs are going head to head for the Frenchman.