At the end of the last week, it had been reported by the Brazilian media that Fulham and Flamengo had reached an agreement for the transfer of Rodrigo Muniz.
The Rio de Janeiro side, who had already accepted an offer from Middlesbrough of €5m for 50% of the player’s rights, had also said yes to the Whites’ bid of €8m for 80%. With the striker and his agents choosing the Craven Cottage club, it seemed like a matter of time until the move to London was done.
However, new stories from the Brazilian press say Fulham haven’t moved forward for the transfer, and Middlesbrough now have a chance at winning this race once again.
It’s first explained by O Dia that on Friday it was believed the Cottagers had everything agreed for the move. The player’s agent even left Portugal, where the talks were held, and returned to Spain thinking the deal was done.
However, the representatives now say Fulham found out about the offer from Middlesbrough being accepted. Then the Whites tried to make a new bid, willing to pay €6m for 50%.
Meanwhile, Flamengo have another version. They say the London side did not send the final documents, meaning they didn’t carry on with the agreement, and that made the Brazilian club angry.
The player himself was ready to have his medical in Brazil and sort out his trip to London. Even his family went to Rio de Janeiro to give him the necessary support.
O Dia claims that according to people close to the deal, the transfer to Fulham hasn’t collapsed, and is only ‘delayed’, as it should still happen this week.
Now in an update from UOL, it’s said Middlesbrough are back with another offer and compete for the signing once again. The website claims a move can be sorted today.
There aren’t any details on how much Boro are offering this time, but it’s made clear that the fight against Fulham is back on.
It had already been reported that Muniz and his agents chose the Craven Cottage side due to the project presented by Marco Silva.