Everton are preparing a bid for the signing of Grêmio star Everton Cebolinha, according to fresh reports from the Brazilian media on Friday.
UOL claims there has been an advance in negotiations following a meeting the Toffees had with his agent last weekend.
Everton are expected to bid €35m for the winger, and there’s ‘great optimism’ about the chances of success for a deal in the next few days, making a January move possible.
Even though Grêmio claim not to have received any bid or contact so far, the agents involved expect the Brazilian club to be in touch with the Toffees very soon. The talks were ‘intensified’ due to the English club’s urge to get Cebolinha in January.
Despite Everton’s poor campaign this season, the club are seen by Cebolinha’s staff as a good opportunity to enter the Premier League and also as a ‘door’ for European football.
The player has recently changed agents, with Marcio Cruz replacing Gilmar Veloz, but UOL says it’s Giuliano Bertolucci who’s handling the talks.
Last year, when Grêmio had 50% of the winger’s transfer rights, it was claimed that the club wanted €40m only for their share. UOL says they now have 65% due to a recent agreement, and we wonder if €35m will be enough for them to accept.