We continue to have all kinds of updates on the Moises Caicedo saga.
On Friday, we had already covered a story from Ecuador which said West Ham United were the latest club to bid for the midfielder.
Now the news comes from Italy, where Tutto Mercato Web claim Everton have joined the race and submitted an offer for Caicedo.
The website says the Toffees are bidding €6m for 80% of his rights. It’s claimed the club convinced the Independiente Del Valle player he’ll have immediate chances in the first team.
Meanwhile, Tutto Mercato Web brings some news about Manchester United’s chase as well. They claim that with this offer, Everton have actually outbid the Red Devils.
It’s said the offer from the Old Trafford side was of €5m for 80% of the player’s rights, and that’s now ‘challenged’ by the Toffees.
The outlet points out that any transfer to the Premier League is pending due to a work permit, so that’s something that must be sorted before the move goes on.
It’s also claimed that Caicedo turned down two offers from MLS, and despite some scouting from AC Milan, the Rossoneri are still to put an offer on the table.