Even though Brazilian wonderkid Kayky is only moving to Manchester City in 2022, the excitement for his arrival in the Premier League is hard to be hidden.

Pep Guardiola’s side managed to sign the wonderkid even before he made his debut for Fluminense’s first team, and part of this story is told today by Globo Esporte.

The article’s main focus is actually on how the City Group have been monitoring South American youngsters, as they have around ten employees scouting players in the subcontinent.

Regarding Kayky, it’s said they’ve been watching the winger since he was 15, which was long before he succeeded with Fluminense’s U-17 ‘dream generation’.

Embed from Getty Images

Globo Esporte says the scouts took Kayky’s material to Txiki Begiristain and to Manchester City’s staff.

Guardiola then ‘liked what he saw and approved’ the signing, with it claimed there are ‘big hopes’ about the player at the club.

Even though there was competition from Shakhtar Donetsk, the report claims that from the moment the City Group decided to sign the player until they had the deal done, it only took them two weeks.

Manchester City are initially paying €10m for the signing, with other €11m in potential bonuses.

They’re initially buying 80% of his rights, and can acquire the other 20% for €5m at a later date.