This week, Palmeiras announced that their wonderkid Endrick has agreed to his first professional contract with the club. Now they’ll just wait until July, when he turns 16, so the deal is made official.

It’s no secret the forward’s success at youth levels has been drawing interest from several European sides, and that’s why there was this hurry to protect him. And as journalist Jorge Nicola brings detail of this agreement, he points out the clubs who hve been chasing the teenager.

Manchester City, who had already been claimed to be following him, are now mentioned once again. They’re named along the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint Germain as the clubs who ‘have already shown interest’ in the signing.

So in Endrick’s first contract, it’s said there’ll be a release clause worth €40m, with clauses that can make this price rise to €60m. Palmeiras are getting 70% of the transfer, while his family have the other 30%.

With a new deal and not being able to move to Europe until he turns 18, it’s likely that the rumours about Manchester City and other sides will vanish for a while.

Still, Endrick is certainly a player to be watched, and as soon as he starts playing for the first team, we shall see how this race will go.

Manchester City started being linked to the player in January this year, when he started shining in a U-20 tournament and drew the entire country’s attention.