Chelsea are reportedly in talks with Palmeiras for the transfer of Estevão Willian.

Goal Brasil claim that the Blues have opened negotiations for the 16-year-old’s signing, and discussions are developing for a potential €40m deal, including bonuses.

Estevão is just 16 years old, and made his professional debut this week, getting 12 minutes on the pitch in the season’s final game against Cruzeiro, which gave Palmeiras the league title.

That means Chelsea would only be able to take him to London in the summer of 2026, when he’ll have just turned 18.

The youngster is protected by a €45m release clause. Goal Brasil claim Palmeiras have 70% of his rights, and the other 30% belong to the player’s camp. That may sound strange but it’s not unusual in Brazil.

This isn’t the first time Estevão has been linked with a Premier League move. Reports which date back to December 2022 had already claimed he was a target for Arsenal.

Chelsea have been presented as contenders as well, as just last month Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo said the Blues were interested in the player.

Now it seems they’re moving for the signing, and Goal’s report sounds optimistic about it.