Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose is in the final stages of completing a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers, who are set to pay €25m for the Brazilian.

That’s according to Diario Vasco, who say his loan deal will include an obligation to buy at the end of the season.

Wolves have moved quickly over the last week to tie up a deal for José, with them in desperate need of a replacement for Raul Jimenez, who remains out injured after fracturing his skull in November.

The Mexican’s absence has been sorely felt by Nuno Espirito Santo’s side, who have struggled with youngster Fabio Silva as their only recognised centre forward.

Embed from Getty Images

It is that which has prompted the move for José, and despite reports, he is arriving on loan, the deal will ultimately be a permanent one.

Diario Vasco explain that he will initially arrive at Wolves on loan until the end of the season, but Real Sociedad are working to finalise an agreement for the obligation to buy that will be tagged onto it.

They are hoping to reach an agreement on that in the next few hours, with the price set at ‘around €25m’, something of a bargain given his release clause is €70m.

30% of that will to Stellar Group, the British player agency that also act as an investment fund with the Uruguayan group Maldonado, while the other 70% will go to La Real.

That means the Spanish side are set to pocket around €15m from the deal, a tidy profit on a the €6m they paid to sign the striker in 2016.