West Brom are still said to be in the race for Ignacio Camacho.

Even after the strong links from last year, the Baggies continue in the fight, providing tough competition for others who want the Malaga midfielder.

As reported by Corriere Dello Sport today, Camacho is on top of Lazio’s list to replace Lucas Biglia at the club, but they make it pretty clear the Italian side aren’t alone in the chase.

The newspaper mentions that Valencia have already tried to sign him in the past, and recent claims of West Brom’s interest are also taken seriously.

Camacho is only leaving Malaga for his release clause, which is €18m. That’s a pretty low amount for the current transfer market, and that’s why there’s no way the Spanish club would offer a discount.

But Lazio would still have an advantadge over West Brom. They can buy Malaga’s 55% share of the player, and keep the other 45% with the third-party that already owns it, something that would not be allowed in the Premier League.