Over the past couple of weeks, there has been a lot of talk in the Italian press about where Milan Badelj, currently with Croatia at the Euros in France, could end up.

Contracted to Fiorentina for the time being, the player’s agent has made it clear to the press that, while he could still remain in Florence, the defensive midfielder’s future probably lies elsewhere.

This, of course, led to a lot of talk of a move to the Premier League, with many articles in the United Kingdom claiming Tottenham were interested, with ‘boosts’ being given to the English clubs every time the player was mentioned in the European press.

As far as Milan Badelj is concerned, Sport Witness understand Tottenham are not interested in the player and no contact has been made from any English club to either the midfielder or his entourage.

The player’s agent told Sport Witness there was a ’95% chance’ the player could end up in the Premier League, but as things stand, the remaining 5% are currently winning.

It’s still very early days in the transfer market, and anything can happen once the Euros come to an end, but as things stand, the Premier League isn’t a destination for the Croatian midfielder.