On Tuesday, France Football came out and claimed that Thibaut Vion was on the verge of finalising a move to Hull City.

The Tigers were looking to take advantage from the fact the U20 World Cup winner had run down his contract with FC Chamois Niortais, and were set to bring in the versatile footballer on a free.

However, in an interview the next day, the player has revealed he would not be signing for the Championship club after everything broke down.

Explaining ‘everything was OK for two weeks’ and the deal was ‘set’, Vion ‘doesn’t know’ why Hull tried to mess with pre-agreed terms.

He told France Football“Nothing happened like we wanted, nor how it was planned. The welcome wasn’t up to the standard of a club that was in the Premier League not so long ago. No one at the station, no one at the club to greet us, not even the minimum. Finally, I saw the manager, Grant McCann, and everything went really well with him.

Embed from Getty Images

“He really wanted me. We were meant to see each other Friday to talks tactics. It was the only positive thing in this story. It’s after that things got complicated. When we saw the board, what they offered us wasn’t at all in line with what was planned, on the contract length especially, but not only’.

Vion then says things ‘obviously went cold’ and while he and his entourage did try to negotiate, but because ‘everything had changed’, they simply left.

As things stand, there has been no explanation from Hull as to why they tried to change things last minute, but it’s now clear the player will not be moving to the KCOM Stadium in the near future.

Asked what it felt like for his dream of playing in England suddenly disappear, he said: “It’s a slap to the face, that’s for sure, especially since we’d planned everything with the family. The move, everything was sorted, but what’s happened has happened.

“Yesterday, I was really annoyed, but today, I’m looking forward. My contract with Niort is up and we’ll find a project that will suit me with my agents. I’m confident”.