Independiente del Valle general manager Santiago Morales has publicly repeated several times there has been no approach from Manchester United for Moisés Caicedo.
The Red Devils, however, continue to be linked with the 19-year-old, partly because the player has said previously his dream is to play for the Old Trafford club.
On Wednesday, South American football expert Tim Vickery told Sky Sports the midfielder is ‘locked in for Manchester United’.
TuttoMercatoWeb also have an update on the Ecuador international’s chances of joining Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side this month.
The outlet once again explains the player wants to ‘realise’ the ‘dream of his life’, which is to represent the English giants.
It’s claimed the teenager received proposals from Major League Soccer sides Atlanta United and then Inter Miami. These offers have been ‘rejected’ because Caicedo is ‘waiting for Manchester United’.
TMW state it’s not an economic problem for United to sign the starlet because they believe there is already an agreement with the Independiente del Valle star, which would go against claims from the actual club.
In addition to this, Solskjaer’s side are willing to invest $5-6m for his signing. The deal, as per the report, is held up due to a ‘work permit problem’.
At this point of time, it’s hard for Manchester United fans to know which claims to believe when it comes to the Caicedo saga.