SHARE

Barcelona have been dragged back into the picture to sign Liverpool’s Luis Díaz after they were previously linked to him.

Last Wednesday, El Chiringuito journalist Jose Alvarez Haya reported the forward has been offered to Barcelona.

A day later, we covered claims from Spain which stated Díaz doesn’t want to sign a new contract at Liverpool. Two days later, journalist Pipe Sierra said his entourage has been in regular contacts with the La Liga side.

Despite the recent transfer links, ESPN state the 28-year-old is ‘always committed’ to the Reds. The outlet had a chat with the Colombia international, who talked about Liverpool’s season so far.

The Merseyside club are leading the Premier League table and are 11 points ahead of second placed Arsenal, who have a game in hand. Díaz wants his teammates to keep their feet on the ground.

“We are in a very good position, we have to enjoy it, you can’t always be in those moments. With a calm head, feet on the ground, game by game. The most important thing is to keep going,” he said.

The Colombia international, who has a contract until 2027, scored 13 goals and registered three assists from 37 games this season. Arne Slot’s side have used him on the left wing and as a No.9 this season.

When asked about his place in Liverpool’s attack, Díaz explained: “The only thing I want is to play, where I play will be fine.”

“He asked me to be mobile in that position, I didn’t know it well, but I think I played a good role as a centre forward, I have to continue improving, it’s not easy. If I’m playing, I’m happy.”

The South American claims he enjoys working under Slot when asked what he has learnt from the manager.

“We spent a lot of time together, we enjoyed it a lot. He’s a great manager who imposed his idea in a great way, we enjoyed having him,” he added.

“We focus a lot on what the other team can do and create our plan, there is little time, it’s more about recovery, the strong thing was at the beginning of the season.”