Moises Caicedo’s transfer to Brighton & Hove Albion is not yet done, according to the midfielder’s club Independiente del Valle.
The Ecuadorian side’s general manager Santiago Morales was interviewed by Machdeportes today, and despite admitting talks with the Seagulls, he says the final agreement is still to be reached.
“We are talking with Brighton about the transfer of Moisés Caicedo. It’s not signed yet,” Santiago Morales told Machdeportes.
The official also confirmed that Caicedo is working on his permit to feature in the Premier League, and that’s apparently not sorted either.
“Moises Caicedo approached the embassy on Monday to get his visa. I still can’t say that he will play in the Premier League.”
Santiago Morales is the same Independiente Del Valle official who previously claimed there were no talks with Manchester United for Caicedo, and also claimed there was a deal with a Premier League side which could be announced this week.
With him now confirming the talks with Brighton, it seems the negotiations are indeed in advanced stages, even though outlets from the Ecuadorian and English media already claim the transfer is done.
The player has been completely silent since the rumours on his future started getting big in the past few weeks.