We aren’t normally in the business of relaying stuff from the English media, but with the attention Krzysztof Piatek is getting, we figured there will be a need/want to know what’s going on.

In Italy, there have been many claims of ‘Premier League clubs’ being interested in the Polish striker, with no one ever being named, yet TEAMtalk believe Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham are the three most prominent names.

They’ve scouted the 23-year-old, and they’ve all reportedly been impressed by what they’ve been told, yet looking at his profile and the need of each team, Spurs seem to be the most relevant here.

Manchester City have Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus, while the reinvigorated Daniel Sturridge appears to be the ideal rotation option for Roberto Firmino.

Embed from Getty Images

As for Tottenham, with a 33-year-old Fernando Llorente and an injured Vincent Janssen to backup Harry Kane, Piatek could be the ideal man to provide actual competition for the England international, or simply replace him should he decide to follow Gareth Bale’s example and eventually leave for greener pastures.

We’re not trying to start anything here, but simply going off what’s being said elsewhere, and while TEAMtalk stated Piatek was valued at £30m these days, it’s actually a bit more than that.

Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday claim that Genoa now value their star at €40m, which equates to around £35.5m, even if they do explain his price is hard to pinpoint, because if he continues to score as he has done this season (currently on 12 goals in seven appearances in all competitions), that figure is likely to continue to rise as the campaign goes on.

At this point, it’s probably best for Piatek to continue getting first-team football in Italy, but down the line, maybe in the summer, a transfer will undoubtedly take place.

Where to is the big question, but Genoa will be getting 95% of the transfer fee, as they will owe Cracovia Krakow the remaining 5%.