For the past few days, we’ve been seeing reports from Brazil claiming that Fulham are in talks with Flamengo for Rodrigo Muniz.
It was said the Whites first had an offer for a loan with an option to buy rejected, and would now be back with a new attempt, as Marco Silva is really keen on signing the striker.
In one of those reports, it had been claimed that Middlesbrough were interested in Muniz as well. Now a new update from Brazil says that the club are engaged in talks for the transfer.
According to UOL, there was a meeting between Flamengo and Boro on Monday night. The Championship side are interested in a loan with an optional or obligatory buying clause.
UOL says the meeting was held in Lisbon by Flamengo officials Bruno Spindel and Marcos Braz, while Middlesbrough were represented by CEO Neil Bausor and assistant manager Leo Percovich.
Boro have competition from Al Nasr and Fulham. It’s claimed that the Craven Cottage side should make a new bid this week.