Out of contract in the summer, Tahith Chong looks set to leave Manchester United for a new destination in the coming months.
The winger got a few tastes of first-team football this season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but his inconsistent outings have seen him feature just a handful of times (seven altogether), the last of which came in the 0-0 draw against Wolves in the FA Cup.
Wanting more regular football at the age of 20, it’s only natural for the youngster to see if he can get it elsewhere, which is why we’ve seen a few stories about him potentially moving to Italy.
His agent, Mohamed Sinouh, was said to have offered his client’s services to Inter last week, who appear interested.
According to Sky Italia, a new meeting is taking place between Chong’s representative and the Serie A club on Tuesday afternoon, with the aim of finding an agreement with the Dutch youngster.
That might take a while, however, as FC Inter News claim to have the details of the request, and they’re rather extravagant.
According to the website, Chong is said to want a five-year deal totalling around €12m, with a first year wage of €2m, which then gradually rises to €2.2m in the second, €2.5m in the third, €2.7m in the fourth and finally €3m in the final year.
Not only that, but there’s also a request of a €6-7m commission.
That’s quite a lot for a player who, while clearly talented, hasn’t shown the consistency and spark some of his Manchester United U23 teammates have when thrown into the first-team, like Mason Greenwood or Brandon Williams.
Elsewhere, Fabio Santini, a journalist for 7 Gold (relayed by Area Napoli), has claimed both Napoli and Juventus are also interested in the 20-year-old, although it doesn’t seem like Sinouh has met with them yet.