Not exactly shining for Juventus this season, Alvaro Morata still remains an exceptional talent, highlighted by his inclusion in Vicente Del Bosque’s Spain squad and given a starting spot in his country’s first game of the Euros.
As you probably already know, the player, currently contracted to the Serie A club, has a buy-back clause in his deal following his transfer from Real Madrid which allows his former club to bring him back for €30m.
The plan, it would seem, would be to then sell him on to the highest bidder for a large profit, as many Premier League clubs consider the prospect of adding the Spanish striker to their 2016-17 squads.
Marca have a big profile on him in their Monday edition ahead of Spain’s game against the Czech Republic, and include transfer news in a little box amid the page.
In said small box, the Spanish newspaper claim there are only two teams really left in the fight for the 23-year-old, and those are Manchester United and Chelsea.
If given the choice to join either of those sides, Morata could be faced with a very tough choice, as both managers at those clubs have played a big part in his career so far.
José Mourinho gave the young striker his Real Madrid start in December 2010, something the player has already said he was very grateful for.
As for Antonio Conte, the Italian manager is allegedly the one who persuaded him to sign from Real Madrid to Juventus, where the young Spaniard developed into the striker he is today.
Conte resigned from his post at Juventus three days before Morata’s arrival, but the Italy national team manager’s influence was still there.
It’s a tough choice, but before any of this happens, Real Madrid need to activate the buy-back clause.
Then, things could happen very quickly.