Earlier on Wednesday, we looked at Piotr Zielinski’s comments to the Polish media after his agent was seen sat next to some of Liverpool’s chief during Tuesday night’s Champions League game between the Premier League side and Napoli.
The midfielder, who is currently said to be in talks regarding a new contract with the Serie A side, explained he wasn’t sure what his future held, hinting he might not sign on the dotted line.
This, according to Calciomercato, didn’t please Aurelio de Laurentiis, who is said to be ‘insisting for a renewal’, with a wish to increase the release clause from €65m to €100m.
Zielinski, down his end, ‘isn’t convinced’ about this, and the Italian website explain Jürgen Klopp would still ‘willingly take him’ at Anfield after his failed move to Liverpool a couple of years ago.
Currently contracted to Napoli until 2021, the midfielder has been a key asset to Carlo Ancelotti’s plans this season, scoring three goals in 21 games.