With Tuesday being transfer deadline day for the Chinese League, we were expecting at least one story about Abel Hernandez and interest from Beijing Guoan.
We got it.
It’s the usual suspects in TuttoMercatoWeb who give us an update on the situation, stating Hull City have said no to a €20m bid from the Chinese side for the Uruguayan forward.
The Tigers have been fending off interest in Hernandez all winter and were said to be waiting for €20m before accepting offers, but it seems that was just a bluff all along.
Either that or Marco Silva has realised he might actually need to keep his striker until the end of the season as there’s still a strong chance Hull City could get relegated despite an improvement in their form under the Portuguese man.
Five days ago, Calciomercato.it reported a €20m bid had been made by Beijing Guoan and Hernandez’s agent had travelled to China to deal with the matter.
Well, it seems the answer down Hull’s end was a resounding no.
With the transfer window now shut, and Chinese clubs spending around £325m on players from across the globe, we’ll have to wait until the summer to see if Hernandez gets to see out his Hull City contract or not.
Considering his contract ends in 2018, this might very well be his last season in England.