Earlier on Monday we covered claims from TMW that Manchester United are in talks with Antero Henrique.
It didn’t seem like a great deal, the Premier League club are often said to be in talks with various potential advisors or directors, only for it to very quickly fall to pieces.
The claims also weren’t a ‘brief’, with some Manchester United supporters believing previous claims of an incoming director of football were stories planted by the club without them having any serious intention of doing anything about it.
Given it had come from Italy’s TMW, this wasn’t that.
Now it’s also in France.
On Monday evening Foot Mercato, who speak to a lot of agents, report Manchester United are in ‘advanced negotiations’ with Henrique about a role at the club. He’s said to feel ‘ready to resume’ work within football following his PSG exit, and has turned down approaches from Inter Milan and Shanghai SIPG.
There’s been offers from ‘various clubs’, and that this is said probably gives a clue where the claims are coming from.
Foot Mercato, who make it very clear this is all their own information, say Henrique could arrive at Old Trafford in the coming weeks, with the aim of turning the club into a ‘recruiting machine’.