Everton have told Schalke they will only consider selling Jonjoe Kenny this summer, ruling out a second loan move for the right-back.
Kenny spent last season on loan with the German side when it was made clear that he was not part of then manager Marco Silva’s plans.
He went on to enjoy a stellar campaign in the Bundesliga, getting the first-team football that he needed and putting in a series of impressive performances despite Schalke’s indifferent campaign.
They had been hopeful of getting Kenny back for a second spell, with reports indicating that Everton were not planning on using him again.
It seems, though, they’ve categorically ruled out a second loan spell, with Schalke chief Jochen Schneider confirming as much.
“Everton told us in the talks that they are only selling the player. We can’t do that. That is the deal,” he told Sport 1.
The website also adds that Everton are ‘demanding’ €18m for Kenny, double his apparent market value of €9.5m and far too much for Schalke to try and match.
Thus, he will be remaining at Goodison Park for the foreseeable future, which tallies with recent comments from Carlo Ancelotti.
He said on Friday that he was happy with his options in the full-back positions, indicating that the club won’t be making moves in that regard.
It remains to be seen if that is the case but what is certain is that Kenny will not be returning to Schalke, at least on loan.