After failing to land Olivier Ntcham from Celtic in the last summer window, Portuguese giants Porto are keen on trying again this month, according to reports this Monday.
Newspaper O Jogo claims that with a few midfield departures, the club have a new spot to be filled, and the Frenchman is their priority target once again.
However, Porto are not expecting to get him easily. O Jogo says that the Dragons and Celtic are not close to an agreement and would have to work hard to find a solution.
But the Portuguese side are said to be patient with the situation, and even if they don’t sign Ntcham now, they would try again in the summer.
O Jogo mentions that the player got a lot of criticism for his performance against Rangers at the end of last year, and then picked up a muscle injury. They say that could be a positive point for Porto, as all the criticism would favour the midfielder’s departure from Glasgow.
What the newspaper doesn’t even mention is the price which Porto would offer or which Celtic are demanding. All they do is to say the clubs are on ‘different levels’.
Ntcham leaving Celtic for Porto would be something of a surprise given the club aren’t often keen to pay reasonable fees.