Antonio Conte may be a legend among Juventus fans, but his transfer plans for this summer are certainly making them mad at him.
After the rumours which claimed the manager would like to bring the likes of Leonardo Bonucci, Juan Cuadrado and Paul Pogba to Chelsea, the Italian boss could now be preparing a double deal that would shred Juve’s transfer ideas for their attack.
One of these signings would be Álvaro Morata, and interest from Chelsea is no secret. Several media outlets have been reporting the rumors, as does Calcio Mercato on Tuesday. The Italian website says the striker is Conte’s top target this summer, as he wants to rebuild Chelsea’s attacking sector.
Morata’s future is currently out of Juventus’ hands, since Real Madrid are expected to sign the player using their buy back clause and them sell him for a bigger price.
But what Conte could also do is to sign Morata’s possible replacement. The manager would be preparing to buy Michy Batshuayi from Olympique Marseille, who’s been target by the Juventus board for a long time, especially in case they lose Morata.
The website says Conte is a long time admirer of Batshuayi, and was very impressed with him when Italy faced Belgium last year, as the 22-year-old scored a goal.
Marseille reportedly value Batshuayi at €30m, and according to Calcio Mercato, Conte dreams of having this €100m attacking duo at Chelsea.
The French press insist Marseille value Batshuayi at €40m.