On October 12th, AS explained Manchester United have ‘put in place the mechanism’ to sign Rennes’ Eduardo Camavinga.
The midfielder is also a target for Real Madrid and the same outlet reported last week the Red Devils, who pose a ‘great threat’ to Los Blancos, have ‘activated’ the operation for the 18-year-old’s signing.
Camavinga missed the Ligue 1 side’s last four matches due to an injury and ahead of his return to the pitch, he talked about the recent rumours surrounding his future.
“I see, I hear things. It’s nice to hear everything that is said but those things are not going to distract me. I know how to differentiate things. I’m at Rennes and other clubs aren’t an issue for now. Later we’ll see,” he said.
“I have two years left on my contract and there is time to talk about all this. There will be negotiations to renew, this is my training club and I would like to stay here.”
Marca on Thursday states the ongoing campaign could be the France international’s last season at Rennes, even though he may publicly not acknowledge it.
It’s claimed the ‘most likely’ possibility is that Real Madrid, Manchester United or Paris Saint-Germain will work to close an agreement with Rennes for the teenager’s transfer, if he continues to shine.
The La Liga side have already advanced negotiations with Camavinga’s environment, but the uncertainty surrounding football due to the Covid-19 crisis could is posing as a problem for the La Liga winners.
Rennes are asking €70m for the player and it remains to be seen who will end up acquiring his services, even if that’s a fee, if push comes to shove, the Red Devils could likely afford.