With Juanfran leaving Atlético Madrid at the end of the season, the La Liga side are going to need a new right-back for the upcoming campaign, and Kieran Trippier is an alleged target for them.
The story came earlier this week from Radio Kiss Kiss in Italy, who stated the Spaniards had entered the fray to sign the Tottenham defender, and were ‘readying’ an offer to try and overtake Napoli.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday, said bid has now arrived, as Atlético Madrid are said to have put ‘€25m + bonuses’ on Spurs’ desk to try and convince Daniel Levy to let Mauricio Pochettino’s starting right-back leave in the summer.
No information has appeared about Tottenham’s reply to the bid, who could very well be waiting until after June 1st (Champions League final) to deal with anything transfer related.
For now, it’s still at Tottenham, but with this much interest from abroad (Juventus have been mentioned too), the temptation to try something new could take over.