We normally try and avoid stories about Emerson Palmieri and a potential return to Italy, mostly because they’re plentiful, don’t give a lot of detail and have been ongoing for two years or so without anything ever coming from them.

Fortunately for everyone involved, this summer appears to be his final at Chelsea, because his contract is set to expire in 2022.

With just 15 months or so left on his deal at Stamford Bridge, the Italy international is very likely to leave London in the summer, and two clubs in Serie A will gladly welcome him.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, they are the same two as always: Juventus and Inter.

Embed from Getty Images

Thomas Tuchel’s arrival at Chelsea hasn’t really helped Emerson’s situation, therefore ‘his desire for Italy remains unchanged’ and his contract situation ‘can help’.

It’s explained the aforementioned Italian club duo ‘would have gladly hired him’ anytime over the past two campaigns ‘but Marina Granovskaia’s requests prevented any further investigation’ at the time.

However, with him close to entering the final year of his contract, we could finally get some movement, and it’s believed ‘the Bianconeri are more on track than the Nerazzurri’ this time around.

Gazzetta also give us percentages relating to how likely Emerson is to move in the coming months, and they are divided as such: 40% chance of remaining at Chelsea, 30% of him moving to Juventus, while the other 30% are labelled as ‘other’, but we read it as ‘Inter’, unless Napoli throw their hat into the ring at some point.