Having already shopped at Napoli for Allan, it appears Everton could return to the south of Italy for another player.
They are still expecting the official arrivals of both Abdoulaye Doucouré and James Rodríguez to bolster their midfield, and while the attack hasn’t been touched just yet, that could very well change.
At least, that’s what RAI journalist Ciro Venerato told Radio Goal on Kiss Kiss Napoli this Monday, claiming he’s received some news from the Premier League, and the man in question is former Tottenham striker Fernando Llorente, also targeted by West Ham.
He said, relayed by Area Napoli: “Carlo Ancelotti, the Everton manager, after securing the Allan affair with Napoli, wants another player in Gennaro Gattuso’s team. I’m referring to Fernando Llorente. As well as Everton, West Ham are on the trail of Llorente”.
That isn’t surprising, since there have been a number of stories claiming David Moyes was looking to bolster his attack at London Stadium this summer, although we’re guessing fans were hoping for someone a bit younger.
Spending a number of years in the United Kingdom with Swansea and Tottenham, the Spanish striker headed to Napoli after his contract with Spurs ran out.
The now 35-year-old made 24 appearances last year, scoring four goals and picking up one assist for the Serie A side.
He would most likely arrive at either Everton or West Ham as a backup for the likes of Dominic Calvert-Lewin or Sébastien Haller, but a bit of competition never hurt anyone.
With just one year left on his contract in Italy, this would be a fairly cheap transfer, which, following Everton’s heavy expenditure in midfield, isn’t a surprise.